none
Increased protection from Ransomware by using DNS firewall RRS feed

• General discussion

• I support a small medical office for a relative. We're seeing increased instances of Ransomware in other offices and I'm considering taking increased action to further prevent us from becoming a target. 
    I'm considering going the route of something like Cisco's OpenDNS or Sonicwall ATP (which can be added to our existing firewall) or ThreatSTOP etc.. 
    What are you thoughts on this? I wanted to evaluate OpenDNS but could never get a straight answer from the VAR in regards to pricing so never got to that point... 
    As I understand I would redirect my DNS IP on my firewall to one of these services, links etc. would then be "inspected" by these DNS firewalls prior to transmitting... Is this correct? Would you recommend this from a security and price standpoint?

FWIW, I am using a 3-2-1 backup solution and not concerned there, just trying to be proactive as I see more and more ransomware victims (ie: percsoft etc.)

Appreciate your input.

Thank you!

• Changed type jacksonDk2s Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:24 PM
    Monday, January 6, 2020 8:50 PM

All replies

• This is a product support forum for Virtual Server 2005, an end of life product.

You'll probably want to ask in a more general forum related to your question

Monday, January 6, 2020 8:58 PM