none
Sysprep and capture task in MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've a stranged behaviour with the capture in MDT2013.

I've updated MDT2012 to 2013, update the share and my boot images. I created a new standard TS and already deploy with success a basic installation of Windows 8.1 with an answer file. So I guess my basic configuration is good.

My problem is to capture the final customized image.

With the previous Windows 7 image, I've created a TS sysprep and capture. From my final image, I mapped a letter to my capture share, run the litetouch.vbs and that's all.

For now with Windows 8.1, this doesn't work anymore. If I run the litetouch.vbs, I've a message "unable to find litetouch.wsf".

If I boot from network and select my capture TS, nothing happens and the capture menu usually used to setup the location path doesn't appear. I've checked my customsettings and the skipcapture is NO as before. I've tried to re create a TS, same thing.

In fine I'm stuck with a simple thing :-) how do I sysprep and capture my W8.1 ?

Thanks,

Christian.

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:07 AM

Answers

• This was the problem, litetouch files are here (vbs and wsf).

As I wasted hours searching this issue, I finally delete and recreate my deployment share and the Capture TS from scratch and the problem disappeared... I will never know what happened exactly.

This wasn't not the end of the adventure, I had the following problems, resolved by the following :

1 - When I run the litetouch.wsf, the system stay stuck on "Processing Bootstrap Settings".

It seems to be an old issue already in MDT2010 and 2012 but

My VM is not in a domain but in a workgroup. I've also tried with another local admin account, I still have the problem.

Finally, the problem came from lua. To fixed it, I run an admin cmd prompt map a network drive Inside to my capture share and it's working.

2 - Last problem.... I had a fatal error while running the capture TS, the error was on the boot image that I forgot to regenerate from scratch after recreating my deploiement share.

Hope it can helps.

Christian.

Monday, April 7, 2014 12:46 PM

All replies

• NOt sure I understand the message behind "unable to find litetouch.wsf" does litetouch.wsf exist in the same directory as Litetouch.vbs? It should be there.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Friday, April 4, 2014 4:28 PM
  • This was the problem, litetouch files are here (vbs and wsf).

As I wasted hours searching this issue, I finally delete and recreate my deployment share and the Capture TS from scratch and the problem disappeared... I will never know what happened exactly.

This wasn't not the end of the adventure, I had the following problems, resolved by the following :

1 - When I run the litetouch.wsf, the system stay stuck on "Processing Bootstrap Settings".

It seems to be an old issue already in MDT2010 and 2012 but

My VM is not in a domain but in a workgroup. I've also tried with another local admin account, I still have the problem.

Finally, the problem came from lua. To fixed it, I run an admin cmd prompt map a network drive Inside to my capture share and it's working.

2 - Last problem.... I had a fatal error while running the capture TS, the error was on the boot image that I forgot to regenerate from scratch after recreating my deploiement share.

Hope it can helps.

Christian.

Monday, April 7, 2014 12:46 PM
  • Just a little tidbit that I have found in my ventures.. CMD from desktop seems to differ from CMD if typed in the Metro/Start screen UI (whatever they are calling it now). I have had most success by typing "CMD" in the "Metro/start screen" UI and right clicking command prompt and running as Administrator. Then I did my network drive mappings there within and also running my scripts from there.

I don't know if this helps anyone, but thought I would share my thoughts. Maybe it will help others in the future.

Friday, November 7, 2014 10:11 PM