none
Flare Reporting for SharePoint Crawl RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to create Flare report for "SharePoint Crawler Performance". In the "SharePoint Crawler parser" I have entered values for the Service Application, Domain and Authentication. While generating the report, it wasn't generate the report. While doing more analysis, I got to know that we require to add a web part for the same.

Also I have saw one more option in the "SharePoint Crawler parser" for LocalFiles. This LocalFiles needs to be created manually.

Could anyone guide me to extract the crawl logs from the Database and have it locally accessible by "SharePoint Crawler parser"?

Thanks

Soulwin Asir

Thursday, June 6, 2013 4:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Are you referring to FLARE ,the tool that was used in generating  FAST legacy products?
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:03 PM
  • Hi Soulwin

May be I am not correctly following your question, but I want to know the exact requirement which you are having.

As you are saying "flare report" in your query so do you want to use the FLARE Reporting tool with FAST Search for SharePoint Query Logs?

If your requirement is to get a report of crawler performance, then you can select "Administration Report" "Central Administration -> Content Source : Search Administration" and then you can see "CrawlRatePerType" and "CrawlRatePerContentSoirce".

Ashish Gupta Click "Vote As Helpful"! if you think that post is helpful in responding your question click "Mark As Answer, if you think that this is your answer for your question.

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:07 PM
  • Yes. But the same we can use for FAST Search for SharePoint 2010.

Using Flare, we can able to process Query Logs for various reporting.

Any technical document is available for Configuring the Flare report for SharePoint related reports ?

Monday, January 20, 2014 3:38 AM
  • After a long hunting, I got to know that the Flare Report tool will be installed as part of Microsoft Premier Support Analysis
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 6:24 AM