none
Not printing correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I have a fairly large project for the building of a new tug in my company. They have requested some certain formatting options, like the color of the bars, and then names and notes at the right. It all looks good in the project when I set it up. But when printing it doesn't show up correctly. What am I missing here?

In project it looks like this .....

When printed as PDF looks like this ..... notice color, names and notes are gone

Any help greatly appreciated ......

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:07 AM

All replies

• If the pdf is created using File, Export as pdf then try installing a pdf printer (most are free) and print with that instead.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:25 AM
  • If the pdf is created using File, Export as pdf then try installing a pdf printer (most are free) and print with that instead.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

I am using adobe acrobat pro as the print driver ......
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:28 AM
  • I have several printers installed, such as brother laser, HP large format, and even plotters. No matter what printer I choose whether its pdf, or any of the hardware printers the same things happens. Formatting does not come through and neither does the notes, or names that are on the left side of the gant bars.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:03 AM
  • You don't say how you are printing to PDF, but perhaps you are using "save as PDF" from MSP.

However, as Rod says, you are probably better off using Adobe Acrobat or one of the many free PDF writers like PDF995 or Cute PDF, rater than "save as PDF" from MSP.

By the way, are you sure you want all of those task to be manually scheduled?

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:04 AM
  • You don't say how you are printing to PDF, but perhaps you are using "save as PDF" from MSP.

However, as Rod says, you are probably better off using Adobe Acrobat or one of the many free PDF writers like PDF995 or Cute PDF, rater than "save as PDF" from MSP.

By the way, are you sure you want all of those task to be manually scheduled?

I have tried using the save as PDF, the acrobat PDF driver, and several of my printer drivers and they all do the same thing.  Items 2 &3 that are at the beginning of the project show the name and note, but everything beyond 3 does not show the name, note, and the color change.

• Edited by mackconsult Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:53 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:11 AM
  • I guess I found a work around for now ..... just saved it as a 2007 and opened in compatibility mode .....
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:00 AM