Bypass all filtering features for an external e-mail address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

My management make a instruction to ensure an external e-mail address will not be blocked by our Exchange server. As I know, I can put the e-mail address on the exception list from the sender to bypass the content filtering, but how about the "IP block list provider" if I don't know the outgoing IP address that send from the external e-mail address or it's not fixed? is there any command that can put the external e-mail address to bypass all the filtering on Edge Server? Thank you very much!

Sunday, June 19, 2011 3:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Aiya,

I don't think it can be achieved if the source IP add has been added in blacklist of the provider.

In this seinario, they must contact provider to unblock their IP add for sending out mails.

In your side, you can do nothing.

Best Regards!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:37 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hav you tried with the Whitelist?

Set-ContentFilterConfig -BypassedSenders foo@somedomain.com,foo2@somedomain.com
    Set-ContentFilterConfig -BypassedSenderDomains somedomain.com, someotherdomain.com

Exchange 2007 Content FIlter: The Whitelist Is Here!
    http://exchangepedia.com/2007/01/exchange-2007-content-filter-the-whitelist-is-here.html

MCTS: Messaging | MCSE: S+M
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Thanks. But the command you advised is for "Content Filtering" only, but about if the Source IP address is blacklisted in one of the IP block list provider? Can I bypass this as well by using e-mail address if I dont know the Source IP address? Thank you!
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:45 AM
  • Hi Aiya,

I don't think it can be achieved if the source IP add has been added in blacklist of the provider.

In this seinario, they must contact provider to unblock their IP add for sending out mails.

In your side, you can do nothing.

Best Regards!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:37 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 7:26 AM
  • Hi,

This might be a dumb question, but for the ip block list, microsoft did make exceptions for recipients, that way we can exclude recipients from the ip check, my question, why is there no provision to exclude any senders or sender domains for the ip block list? the content filter has both, i would think it is an obvious thing to make the same provision for ip block lists aswell.

isn't there any hotfixes yet that add sender exclutions to the ip block lists?

Kind Regards

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:13 AM