Problem creating Default Global Address List with filter for one ExternalEmailAddress RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, i know, that you cannot modify Default Global Address List, you have to go to adsiedit, or create new one. But i have problem that I have to modify that some e-mail addresses shut not be showed in Default Global Address List. I have setup following filter : New-AddressList -Name " Default Global Address List V2" -RecipientFilter {((Alias -ne $null -and (ObjectClass -eq 'user' -or ObjectClass -eq 'contact' -or ObjectClass -eq 'msExchSystemMailbox' -or ObjectClass -eq 'msExchDynamicDistributionList' -or ObjectClass -eq 'group' -or ObjectClass -eq 'publicFolder')) -and ((ExternalEmailAddress -notlike "@demo.com") -or (ExternalEmailAddress -notlike "@upper.com")))} I do not wont to display nay e-mal addresses for contact that end there e-mail addresses with @demo.com or @upper.com, but after creating address list, i can see all e-mail addresses.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:19 AM

Answers

• I have successfully solved problem these winked. Problem was that Exchange 2007 GUI did now show correctly, and it was different from what it is shown in OWA

I use new-address list not new-gal, because, i was trying to find correct combination of filter, and if I setup GAIL, I have to open client…. 

I will have to hide original GAL, because  I relay e-mail to different  domain, where those contact reside, and if I remove them from gal, massage will not be relayed.

Now i have the only problem for hiding address list to users. Problem is that I have coexistence with exchange 2003 server, and settings up only permission on address list do not work. I`m setting up test environment, and i will see.  Or might be problem with maintenance, but i cannot dismount mount mailbox store.

I do not won't to hide contact!

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:47 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 8:25 AM

All replies

1. What if you search for contacts that have email addresses with @demo or @upper.com and hide them instead. (Use Get-mailcontact and Set-MailContact).
    2. Any new contacts that are created make sure you hide them when they enabled with exch attributes.

Sukh
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:28 AM
  • No, i do not want to, because in contact i do like to see them.

Friday, July 22, 2011 11:47 AM
  • Hi MaliStane,

If you want to hide ExternalEmailAddress(Mail Contact) in the GAL but not in the All Contacts, you can modify the showInAddressBook property of Mail Contact.

Similar post, please see:

Exchange 2007 Address book Distribution List segregation

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IE/exchangesvrgeneral/thread/8b27121f-527d-44b2-809b-e8ecdda16adf

Frank Wang

Monday, July 25, 2011 7:17 AM
  • I have successfully solved problem these winked. Problem was that Exchange 2007 GUI did now show correctly, and it was different from what it is shown in OWA

I use new-address list not new-gal, because, i was trying to find correct combination of filter, and if I setup GAIL, I have to open client…. 

I will have to hide original GAL, because  I relay e-mail to different  domain, where those contact reside, and if I remove them from gal, massage will not be relayed.

Now i have the only problem for hiding address list to users. Problem is that I have coexistence with exchange 2003 server, and settings up only permission on address list do not work. I`m setting up test environment, and i will see.  Or might be problem with maintenance, but i cannot dismount mount mailbox store.

I do not won't to hide contact!

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:47 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 8:25 AM