none
How to remove a DPM server from an environemnt? RRS feed

• Question

• 

I am looking for help to remove reference to a DPM 2010 server that has been removed from our environment. We originally had 3 DPM servers in our environment consisting of 2 DPM servers at the data center and 1 DPM server at a remote site acting as a secondary server for Server 1. The data center had 2 servers due to disk space and we have since replace Server 1 with a larger server with enough disk space for the site. This new server is named the same as the original Server 1 and has the DB restored for retention of Tape details. <o:p></o:p>

Server 1 had/has the Tape Library and Server 2 was configured with Server 1 as it’s secondary to perform long term tape backup of selected servers from Server 2 and the DPM DB from Server 2. <o:p></o:p>

We have removed Server 2 and are now trying to add the protected servers from Server 2 to Server 1, I am getting the following error attempting to setup the protection group and the protection group setup fails when trying to calculate disk space requirements. <o:p></o:p>

“DPM cannot browse Server 2 because the host is unreachable.<o:p></o:p>

1) Make sure that Server 2 is online and remotely accessible from the DPM server.<o:p></o:p>

2) If a firewall is enabled on Server 2, make sure that it is not blocking requests from the DPM server.<o:p></o:p>

ID: 31<o:p></o:p>

Details: The RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA)”<o:p></o:p>

I have searched and cannot find any reference to be able to resolve this error. <o:p></o:p>

I have tried to run the “Attach-ProductionServer.ps1” script as well as “setdpmserver.exe” with no luck in resolving this issue.

Also, we no longer have any replicated data from Server 2 or data on Tapes from Server 2.  All reference to Server 2 have been removed that is visable from the DPM console.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:21 PM

All replies