Hanging on processing or starting when trying to open up Office 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently we started having some issues on a few client computers with opening up a local version of Outlook 2016.  It appears to get stuck on processing or starting (see screen shot below).  I’ve heard it staying on this screen for over an hour before it opens up or sometimes it doesn’t open up at all.  It’s sporadic.  In order to fix it you just need to open up Outlook in safe mode, close it, and then open it up in normal mode.  This is just a temporary fix because eventually it comes back.  I’ve repaired office, uninstalled / reinstalled, rebuilt profiles…. Nothing appears to be working.  

Our Outlook clients connect to Office365's Exchange servers.  

• Moved by Steve Fan Friday, July 20, 2018 3:05 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the specific version number of Outlook you are using? Please first make sure your Office and Windows are fully patched and then see whether this issue still continues. 

Besides, do you use Lync or Skype for Business? If so, we may first try to close these communication software and then open Outlook to see whether the same issue happens.

We may also try performing a clean boot in Windows, then have a try and see if issue persists. This helps eliminate whether the issue was caused by any software conflicts.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:01 AM
    Friday, July 20, 2018 6:47 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:01 AM