none
Strange Copy Paste Issue where one user pastes whats on another users machines clipboard RRS feed

• Question

• I am at a loss here as I didn't know this was even possible without third party tools.

We have an issue I have been getting reports of that I didn't believe until I watched it happen in front me of.

We have a single domain with around 120 users. WHen one user will highlight some text on their computer and copy it either through edit -> copy or Ctril + C, another users clipboard on a completely separate machine will be overwritten by the new copied text from another user.  When that user goes to paste text, it is what the other user copied on their computer.  All machines are running Windows 7 64bit with the latest updates installed. Any ideas? These are stock machines with no third party clipboard sharing tools installed and it seems to happen at random.

Friday, June 13, 2014 8:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Dvaid,

It's unbelievable. Please disconnect the network from these computer to check if they work fine.

Meanwhile, use anti-virus to scan the whole computer and deal with the threat.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 16, 2014 6:09 AM
  • Machines have been scanned No infections or malware found
    Monday, June 16, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for my delay.

Like my first reply, disconnect the network to check the result.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:40 AM
  • Same issue here
    Customer reports same unexpected behaviour

OS involved 

7 home Premium (2009 ) and 7 Enterprise N (2009)

what is the to be expected outcome of this action?
    "Please disconnect the network from these computer to check if they work fine"

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 11:45 AM
  • OP here. I found the issue on our systems after scratching my head for a long time. Our issue was a department all controlling remote dashboards and doing so using VNC clients. The VNC clients all did 2 way syncing and we would have multiple users connected to remote machines and they just would minimize it when they were done. Disabling the feature in VNC cleared all the issues up. 
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:46 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion; I'll will investigate in this direction!

Update: Super! not related to VNC but teamviewer has a similar option: synchronize clipboar
    disabled and seems to be fixed

Thursday, May 4, 2017 10:58 AM