Does Response Group support IM in SFB 2015? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I created a response group and we are cool in voice calls, when I search the sip url in sfb client I can see the designated Hunt Group which is available and it says it is video capable and I also can send a message to it. But it does not deliver to available agents.

My question is straight and simple, Does SFB 2015 support Instant Messaging for response groups or not?

Thank you all in advance.

• Edited by Iman Moha Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Iman,

In my research, Response Groups can't receive IM, they are for voice only.

Please check this similar case:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/2671e742-7a62-4561-9081-7c37d110137b/enable-a-response-group-to-receive-ims?forum=lyncdeploy

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Shaw.

The problem is they can receive chats from called number while there are answering their calls. But when the call has terminated, they are not able to chat with anyone else and when we send an IM to specific hunt group sometimes we are receiving the following error "The following can't receive IMs right now: Hunt Group Name" and sometimes we are not receiving any error but the message does not deliver to agents as well.

What do you thing about it?

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Hi Iman,

Yes, if the call is established, the agent or the caller can add IM and video. Please refer to this article:

Without call established, in my understanding, it could not directly IM to the response group.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:46 AM
  • Thank you Shaw.

But what about non-anonymous IM and video calls?

Even though our callers are all inside the organization we still have got the problem.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Hi Iman,

The anonymity is related to the agent with the option “Enable agent anonymity” in workflow configuration page. 

In general, I think it could do IM/Video only after call is established.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:46 AM
  • I also consider that option and yes, the calls deliver to agents as non-anonymous but still we can't have direct IM or Video calls.

By the way, if you possibly find a way please let me know how to do so.

Thank you.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 10:21 AM
  • Hi Iman,

Do you mean you want a direct IM/Video call to RG without voice call established? 

I think it is not possible. 

Please refer to this blog:

http://communicationsknowledge.blogspot.com/2014/12/understanding-lync-response-group.html

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:27 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Friday, May 31, 2019 9:37 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:45 AM