none
PSCWebParts.cab does not exist in the solution store RRS feed

Answers

• The solution was to copy PSCWebParts.cab file to the directory path of the stsadm.exe

final command line was:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\ stsadm.exe -o addsolution -filename PSCWebParts.cab

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:22 PM

All replies

• Are you able to deploy the web parts to the main site that you installed them to and it is just the additional sites giving you errors?

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 2:20 PM
  • Unfortunately, I don't know how to deploy the web parts, the rest of the sites are fine, I even checked the Dashboard sample Dashboard in MOSS and I was able to see the webparts (they might be different though because this dashboard is driven from an excel file)

What I'm trying to do is to deploy the Dashboard that comes shipped with PPS "PPS Demo Dashboard" and I got this error on MOSS.

I went to this link on my server http://ihpps:37289/default.aspx

which is Central Administration From Home I clicked on:

• Operations
    • Solution Management

and I have this information:

This page has a list of the Solutions in the farm.
    There are no solutions in the solution store. Before you can deploy a solution package, you must submit the solution package to the solution store in the configuration database by using the stsadm -o addsolution command.

After a solution is added to the solution store, you can use this solution management page to view the status of your solutions or deploy your solution to the entire server farm.

For instructions about how to create a solution package, consult the Windows SharePoint Services SDK.

It seems this solution PSCWebParts.cab needs to be in the Solution Management in order to run it from the command line:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\ stsadm.exe -o deploysolution -name PSCWebParts.cab -url http://ihpps/ -local -allowgacdeployment -force

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 3:06 PM
  • The solution was to copy PSCWebParts.cab file to the directory path of the stsadm.exe

final command line was:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\ stsadm.exe -o addsolution -filename PSCWebParts.cab

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:22 PM