On shut down PC reboots RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

On shut down PC reboots. Have run anti virus and malaware which found one trojan last week, but this problem has started this week.

any help to cure this plse?

many thanks

Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:58 PM

Answers

• I've seen this happen before and what I was able to do to fix it was to do a hard shut down (pull out the power cord/pull out battery if it's a laptop) so that it can't reboot.  Then hold down the power button (without battery/power cord) and hold it down for 30 seconds. Then plug power cord back in and boot it up then test shutting it down to make sure it doesn't reboot.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 28, 2012 3:10 PM

All replies

• I've seen this happen before and what I was able to do to fix it was to do a hard shut down (pull out the power cord/pull out battery if it's a laptop) so that it can't reboot.  Then hold down the power button (without battery/power cord) and hold it down for 30 seconds. Then plug power cord back in and boot it up then test shutting it down to make sure it doesn't reboot.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 28, 2012 3:10 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for that. unfortunately still rebooting any other suggestion plse?

Friday, September 28, 2012 6:25 PM
  • Hi

Do you by any chance have Roxio CD Easy Creator installed. The fault you are describing sounds like a bug that existed in that particular piece of software.

Countywide Computer Services

Sunday, September 30, 2012 11:21 AM
  • Hi,

Yes I do but had it for 6 years without a problem. will remove it and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice

Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:19 PM