none
Export outlook contacts to excel with columns, work on it by column and not comma and importe it in outlook by comma or not RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We tried a lot to do what is in the title

We are able to do a lot of things but at the end... we are always unable to import it back in outlook

we would like to have a tutorial from the beginning to the end to succeed in that goal

thanks

La vie est belle!

Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You want to edit contacts in an excel sheet exported from Outlook and then import them into Outlook, right?

When you export or import a excel sheet, you will be required to map custom fields. You are able to custom the fields in this section.

>> we would like to have a tutorial from the beginning to the end to succeed in that goal
    Please refer to the steps in these articles to achieve this steps by steps:

Export contacts from Outlook.

Import contacts to Outlook.

If this is not the case, please provide me with more details or screenshots about your issue.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 8, 2019 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Hi

Here what is the export in excel that we want

Name     Second Name        Phone Number          etc

Peter         AAAA                   999-999-9999        lksjskl

here is what we don't want

Name,Second Name, Phone Number, etc

Peter,AAAA,999-999-9999,lksjskl,

Then we want to manipulate the information in excel by column

Then we want to be able to import it back in outlook

Hope there is enough information

thanks

La vie est belle!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:57 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your update.

According to my test, these items are displayed in the form of a table with no commas.

If possible, could you please provide me with the screenshot about your excel file. If you are unable to post pictures, please post a picture link here.

Thanks for your cooperation, I will continue to follow up on your case.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:53 AM
  • hi

thanks for your demand i understand

picture 1. this is the excel file exported from outlook

picture 2. this is the conversion i made to make it column by column for me to work in it

I need to make picture 2 come back has picture 1 after working in it

and also.. I need that outlook understands it and places the information at the good place in the contacts folder

we are not able to do that second conversion

thanks

La vie est belle!

Friday, July 12, 2019 3:51 PM
  • Hi,

I tested in my environment but cannot reproduce what is described in your thread.  The format of my exported excel file is just like your picture 2 rather than picture 1.

Please refer to this article and make sure you follow the steps in this article.

If the issue continues, it is suggested to repair your Office installation.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:00 AM
  • Hi

can you tell me the extension of the file exported by outlook

you say that outlook export your excel file has my picture 2?

If yes... you could tell me how to make this happen with outlook i never saw that outlook export file with column

i always saw with ","

thanks

La vie est belle!

Friday, July 19, 2019 5:01 PM
  • Hi Peter,

>> can you tell me the extension of the file exported by outlook

The extension of the file exported by outlook is .csv

Please refer to the picture below:

I did this just follows the steps in the article mentions above.

Please check that your steps are consistent with the steps mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:12 AM