Massive Nonpaged Pool from ECMC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a 8gb RAM laptop (and it isn't Samsung, I've seen this problem with that brand mainly) and recently the RAM usage has been far high than it normally ever is (over twice). I used the poolmon executive to find out what it is and the tag ECMC is using 2.15gb of nonpage pool space. I tried to do a findstr /s search to see what this driver was but when I did it with a normal command prompt it found nothing. Even weirder, when I tried searching it under an admin command prompt it return this string of gibberish, twice (this isn't spam I swear):

Hï╦Φ6◄  ┐ú  └HïL$XΦπN  Hï\$`Hïl$hï╟Hâ─ A^A]A\_^├╠╠╠╠╠╠Hë\Hët$►WHâ∞ 3 Hï±Hë99=▼╤♂ ï▀t ║  Ç 3╔A╕ECMC 
    §\:☺ Hï╪Hà└u→┐↨  └Hë▲Hï\$0Hït$8ï╟Hâ─ _├╕@   ≡☼┴♣♣╤♂ 3╥Hï╦DìBpΦ‼☺ Lìï0►  Hë{↑Iï╔╕ ♦  Dï╟üß ♥  H+┴HìK
     HëHë   ╟C►@   L♥╚Aï└HìSPH┴α♠H♥╨LëL↑hHë\↑`╟D↑   HIü┴  ☻ Hë 

Unless there's some sort of mismatch in my command prompt, this makes completely no sense. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:06 AM

All replies

• In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, December 2, 2015 5:11 AM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2015 10:36 AM
  • Hi,

Once run poolmon -b and return the tag with the most pool usage, please run "findstr /s ECMC *.sys".
    If you find a .sys file with that string in it, investigate it (look at the properties, search on the web, etc.).

According to my research, this issue might be related to intmsd.sys file, also IntelliMemory.
    Here's an similar thread about your question, for your reference: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/windows/en-US/5b12b780-6a5f-4022-ab20-ba9838e2ba52/windows-8-booted-up-high-memory-used

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, December 2, 2015 5:11 AM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:23 AM
  • I had previously done that before, which is where I know that ECMC is using 2.15Gb, and after I searched findstr /s ECMC *.sys through my command prompt I got the two results that I mentioned in my original post (the gibberish string and nothing for the normal prompt run). I've also already seen the similar threads where both IntelliMemory and ExpressCache were shown to be using the driver, but I couldn't find either of them on my computer. Is there a specific way to search for/remove them that you know of?Also, I've only seen this problem with Samsung computers which I don't have. I was hoping that it would be possible to find out what the string I copy and pasted was saying.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 9:46 PM
  • Hi,

How about run "Windows performance toolkit" in first reply?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:37 AM