none
Projects are not opening even though permissions have been given properly. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using Project Server 2103 on-premise.

It was working well till a week before but now couple of users are complaining that they they can see projects in project center page but are not able to see project details page and schedule page. 

It gives an error message "Site has not been shared with you", then i checked the permissions of users and found out they have proper permissions in EPM.

I checked few things in EPM.

* Project Permission Sync Settings -  Enabled properly.

* Project group is correct and group and category permissions are also proper.

I am so puzzled now, trying to find out the cause.

Please Help.

sandeep

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:21 AM

Answers

• Hi, Thanks khurram for reply.

It doesn't make any sense. In manage users, i removed the group from user edit page for that user and saved it and again added the same group. Then it was working, project detail page was opening for the user.

It happened with 2-3 users in last one week. User complains that they ain't able to open project and when i remove and add the same group then it works.

Have any clue.

sandeep

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep,

Are the users Resources on the project.  If not, you'll have to share the actual project with them.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Hi Ben,

RBS is configured in EPM where users are the portfolio managers who can see all the projects which are created by his project managers.  Even if they are not in resources on the project, they still can see and open the projects if are are assigned proper RBS and Group.

Many users are in the same portfolio manager group but 2-3 are facing this issue whose RBS has been changed recently. they can see but unable to open, no user level permissions is given but we only set RBS and add security group while adding new users.

sandeep

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:56 AM
  • Please confirm that you are using Project Server permission mode?

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 7:51 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

in order to narrow down your issue, go to PWA->server settings -> manage users -> click on checkbox to select affected users and use Check Effective Rights option available on top of the grid.

Select projects from the drop down and see if the expected projects are appearing for the users in the list.

If not, then issue is certainly with the category associated with user's group. ensure that Open project category permission is checked for the user.

let us know if this solves your issue.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:06 AM
  • Hi, Thanks khurram for reply.

It doesn't make any sense. In manage users, i removed the group from user edit page for that user and saved it and again added the same group. Then it was working, project detail page was opening for the user.

It happened with 2-3 users in last one week. User complains that they ain't able to open project and when i remove and add the same group then it works.

Have any clue.

sandeep

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:15 PM
  • what is exact error?
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:32 PM