VPN Connection create for Only Internal Network Access & Internet access from Local Internet Service RRS feed

• Question

• I've configure VPN Service in TMG 2010. Outside users are connecting to access internal Servers.

I set TO field with Internal & External. because of this , that VPN users are accessing Internet service via TMG. due to this , my TMG server internet utilization is high.

then I removed the EXTERNAL in TO Field . then VPN users unable to access internet from anywhere.

my requirement is after connect them to Internal Network using VPN , their Internet service should be work from their Local Internet Service.

is it possible ? please advise me.

Regards, COMDINI

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

activate Split Tunneling in the VPN connection properties of the client Computer (uncheck ... use Default Gateway for this connection...)

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:12 PM
  • Hi Marc.

thanks for your fast response. here there are around 80-100 VPN users in different different locations. because it is little bit difficult to do modifications in Client Computer.

is it possible to do in TMG Server ?

Regards, COMDINI

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:20 PM
  • From the top of my head...

Do you use Connection Manager?

If so, you can configure it there and deploy CM via GPO or other means (SCCM or such).

How do you deploy the VPN settings to the client today?

It is possible to deploy this change via scipt but I don't have the details for this handy. Anyone else?

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper

Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please refer to this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb878117.aspx.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:44 AM
  • Hi Nick ,

Thanks for your information. it is very useful. But as it's instructions , we've routing setting in Client end. As I mentioned in above , here we've 80-100 VPN Users , because of this , is it possible to do any modifications in Server End.

please advise me.

Regards, COMDINI

Sunday, April 29, 2012 4:41 PM