Lync 2013 with Exchange Account Showing Skype for Business Dialog Asking for Microsoft Account Password RRS feed

• Question

• My company uses Lync 2013 (15.0.903.1001) connecting to Exchange Server, but recently (since January 2017), signing in to Exchange works okay, but every time it starts Lync it also shows a Skype for Business dialog asking for my Microsoft (outlook.com) account password. I do have my Microsoft account linked and I sign in to various online accounts such as OneDrive through Office, but I want it to stop prompting for the Microsoft account password in Lync. Two-factor authentication is NOT turned on for my Microsoft account.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:19 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Did this issue occur to all Lync clients?

Lync 2013 client should not ask for Microsoft account and password when it starts, because Lync 2013 client use Windows authentication, what happen if you click “Cancel” when Lync 2013 start?

To this issue, please rebuild Lync profile to check if the issue persist. you could install Office on a fresh OS and start Lync 2013 to have a test.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Friday, March 3, 2017 3:16 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, March 3, 2017 6:01 AM
    Friday, March 3, 2017 3:15 AM