none
Automative process in sharepoint online

Question

• HI Guys,

I am new to Sharepoint and have a task to accomplish with SP.

I want to create a document library name New Employees induction where I would keep all docs for new joiner related to technical guides, user obligations Manual and some training materials, everything is fine till here. 

We have a document (Manual) which include user obligations towards company assets and every new joiner has to sign after reading it. I am looking for a solution in SP whenever new joiner read the document and he/she clicks submit, an acknowledging email should send to me as a record.(that user abc@mycompany.com has read the document). 

I think workflow in SP can do the job but i don't know how? and if you think it is not possible through doc library, I am willing to use other app in Sharepoint. 

I am using SharePoint Online.

Can somebody assist to finish this job?

Friday, February 10, 2017 11:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

A simple solution can be like this:

You can add a Person and Group column in this library, users type their name in this column after they read the document.

Then you can create a workflow for this library to send email to you when the Person and Group value has changed.

Note: Don’t forget to set workflow be started automatically when an item is changed.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

A simple solution can be like this:

You can add a Person and Group column in this library, users type their name in this column after they read the document.

Then you can create a workflow for this library to send email to you when the Person and Group value has changed.

Note: Don’t forget to set workflow be started automatically when an item is changed.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update after trying my solution?

If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Friday, February 17, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Hi Wang,

I havent applied it yet but i belief it will work.

Monday, February 20, 2017 7:28 PM