none
UAG file/home drive access issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I'm new to UAG so hopefully someone will be able to assist.  I am trying to publish home drives but despite UAG being a member of our Domain, when I check for servers under UAG->File Access->File Access Admin->Servers I'm only seeing servers in the local subnet.  We have helper addresses on the gateway interface but I cannot see other servers.  Can anyine offer any assistance please.

Regards

Tony

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:09 AM

Answers

• This issue is now resolved.  It appears our config was correct but there is a bug in UAG "

It seems to be a bug in UAG when you try to publish File Access and Remote Desktop Services on the same server. When you add applications in UAG and you add RDS before File Access you will see the following warning in the Web Logs of UAG. Also, when you try to access the File Access in portal from a client machine then you will see an error " URL /Filesharing/ contains an illegal path ".

Resolution
    ============
    Change the order of the applications in UAG to list File Access application before Remote Desktop Services.

Details are here; http://www.nappliance.com/blog/microsoft-uag-error-quoturl-filesharing-contains-illegal-pathquot

• Marked as answer by Tony Sweet Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:54 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:54 PM

All replies