SCCM2012 Endpoint Protection RRS feed

• Question

• Curious to know if SCCM2012 Endpoint Protection can be installed on Exchange 2010 Server ?
    Friday, October 12, 2012 4:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Yes of course and don't forget the recommended exclusions http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943556

Bechir Gharbi | My blog: @myITforum.com | Twitter: @Bechir_Gharbi | Linkedin: Bechir Gharbi | Time zone: GMT + 1

• Marked as answer by Rick Tan Monday, October 22, 2012 6:57 AM
    Friday, October 12, 2012 8:39 PM
  • I was thinking I could, however my LAR told me that he would not recommend it.

I just want to make sure that I am not putting something on Exchange that will choke it.

I know most AV vendors have a separate AV specific to Exchange.  So just to clarify the sccm20112 with ep protection that I pushed out through sccm 2012 to all nodes in my environment (ie) client workstations and servers, can be used for Exchange as well ? and Microsoft does not have an Exchange specific endpoint protection ?

Wil Crespo Information Technology Manager P: 845.360.1234 | wcrespo@elant.org

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:54 PM
  • "not recommended" !!!!

I never heard and never seen what you say. Endpoint for exchange protects only exchange components but not windows, files, ... and this is the role of the client AV such SCEP, you've just to respect exclusions as in the link I gave you.

Bechir Gharbi | My blog: @myITforum.com | Twitter: @Bechir_Gharbi | Linkedin: Bechir Gharbi | Time zone: GMT + 1

• Proposed as answer by Rick Tan Monday, October 15, 2012 9:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rick Tan Monday, October 22, 2012 6:57 AM
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:00 AM
  • ???????????????? Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server provides fast and effective protection against malware and spam by including multiple scanning engines from industry-leading security partners. It also integrates with Forefront Online Protection for Exchange to provide the defense-in-depth benefits of hosted and on-premise filtering services in a single solution.  ?????

Wil Crespo Information Technology Manager P: 845.360.1234 | wcrespo@elant.org

Monday, October 22, 2012 7:44 PM
  • Does Forefront exchange protect Windows? The answer is NO. Does Forefront for exchange protect desktops? The answer is NO. Does Forfront for Exchange protect files? The answer is NO ... Each product has its own role and Forefront for "EXCHANGE" is only against smtp malwares and spam and not malwares/spywares/... for windows/files/ ...

Monday, October 22, 2012 8:38 PM