SharePoint AD Import Users Mismatch RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team

We have SharePoint 2013 Enterprise and SharePoint 2016 Enterprise on-prem and everything seems to be working properly. Over SharePoint 2013 Users profile showing 488 while over SharePoint 2016 its showing 450 users and more than 30 users missing. 

We used same account to import users from AD. In SharePoint 2013 we are using FIM synchronization for sync connection which can be seen in Synchronization settings whereas in SharePoint 2016 FIM is deprecated hence we are using AD import connection for synchronization. Can someone help me on this to fix the issue ?

Thanks Ranveer Katiyar

Thursday, December 26, 2019 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Ranveer,

Please verify the user profile profile each filter of SharePoint 2016 with SharePoint 2013 - I think some filter mismatch is there - may be in SharePoint 2016 some additional filter has been applied, that is the reason it might led to less users. And the second thing is - may be the mismatch users what you see are disable or inactive in AD which no more is needed in SharePoint 2016. We also did the migration from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016, there also we have seen users mismatch but everything was working fine.

Thanks&Regards,

Habibur Rahaman

C# Corner MVP,Project Lead,MCA,MCSA,MCP,MCTS

My Certificates

Note: If you feel the proposed answer is helpful, please mark as so or if this answered your question,please mark as answer.

Thursday, December 26, 2019 6:21 PM
  • Hi Habibur

Thanks for your reply. I checked each and evry step and founs everything is working properly. We double chekced at AD end users are active and able to fetch in SharePoint 2013 but unable to do in SharePoint 2016.

I need to check LastKnownParent describe here https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/spses/2015/03/04/sharepoint-2013-active-directory-import-and-known-behaviors/

Thanks Ranveer Katiyar

Friday, December 27, 2019 4:16 PM