none
Recovery of Data encrypted with Bitlocker RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I was protected one of Hard disk partition with Bit-locker for Security reason(Windows 10, 64bit OS), due to some hardware problem I was prone to change the OS. While in the process of changing the OS, the data which is protected Bit-locker had been deleted. It was the important data which I cannot able to gain back. Tried with several Recovery software. But of no use. 

Please specify that, whether it can be restored. If it is, then specify the software which suits for that job.

Please help me.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 4:56 AM

All replies

• If the data has been deleted and overwritten by other data (your new OS), then you can presume that the data is unrecoverable.

You can take a look at this software: https://www.m3datarecovery.com/bitlocker-drive-data-recovery/recover-deleted-lost-bitlocker-encrypted-partition.html , but you will need the Bitlocker Recovery key and this will only work when the data is no overwritten by something else.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried data recovery software of Stellar Phoenix?

If not, then download it and try your luck with this data recovery software. This tool has ability to recover data from protected hard drive whether it is corrupted or not. However, to recover the data from the bit-locker hard drive you should know the key of the drive.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:16 AM