none
Fresh install windows 7 with anytime upgrade and no disk RRS feed

• Question

• I got a notebook, that came with Windows 7 starter a while ago. So I used an anytime upgrade to Home Premium, but now I want to fresh install Windows 7 with the upgrade, but neither the notebook nor the upgrade came with an installation CD. Is it posible to fresh install?

Thanks.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:03 PM

Answers

• Nope, the Notebook would probably came with recovery disk or recovery partition. You need to use the software that came with the computer to re-image your laptop and do an anytime upgrade.

"Everything we do is dictated by motive."

Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:34 PM
  • If your notebook dint have the Install Disk / Recovery partition was formatted, you can request your notebook manufacturer to send you a disc. They would send you a disc free of cost. The disc that they send would be generic OEM disc without key. The key would be there on your system base.

You can then install and then upgrade with your anytime upgrade license.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Ashok J Prakash

If a post solved your problem, click “Mark as Answer” on the post.
    If a post helped you, click "Vote As Helpful" on the left side of post.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:04 PM

All replies

• Nope, the Notebook would probably came with recovery disk or recovery partition. You need to use the software that came with the computer to re-image your laptop and do an anytime upgrade.

"Everything we do is dictated by motive."

Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:34 PM
  • If your notebook dint have the Install Disk / Recovery partition was formatted, you can request your notebook manufacturer to send you a disc. They would send you a disc free of cost. The disc that they send would be generic OEM disc without key. The key would be there on your system base.

You can then install and then upgrade with your anytime upgrade license.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Ashok J Prakash

If a post solved your problem, click “Mark as Answer” on the post.
    If a post helped you, click "Vote As Helpful" on the left side of post.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:04 PM