Log File expansion RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have logging (text logging) set up on our windows 2008 server.  The log file properties are: create a new log file daily and when disk is full delte older log files.   I am loggin gthe following information accounting requests, authentication requests, periodic accounting status, periodic authentication status, and if logging fails discard connection requests. When I look at the event log I see event ID 6278, 6276, 6274, 6272. but they are only accumulating for view for about 3 to 4 hours.  I see event ID 4400 and 18 for months.  the files in windows\sustem32\logfiles are (IN11xxxx) are holding weekly data.  What I woukld like to do is hold more data to view for a day or so and get rid of the 4400 and 18 event IDs 

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hi carmeister,

Thanks for posting here.

In this case, you may consider using SQL server to contain accounting log.

NPS Accounting

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd197475(WS.10).aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:50 AM
  • Hi Carmeister,

Do you mean you configure the NPS to log the information daily, but you find that the NPS only logs the requests for 3-4 hours in the daily NPS log files. Is my understanding correct? Thanks.

Regards

Qunshu

Clarification: Microsoft doesn't own any liability & responsibility for any of my posting.
    Friday, March 18, 2011 8:11 PM