Why my TOC only displays the content up to a certain pge? RRS feed

• Question

• TOC in Word was working ok and as my document continues to grow , the TOC is not showing the content (the headers etc..)  from page 30 on. I have not touched any formattingor anything as I am just an intermediate user of Word.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

TaMa

Friday, December 13, 2013 1:58 PM

Answers

• Try using Ctrl-A, F9 to force all fields to update. If your TOC doesn't pick up the new entries, there are two main possibilities:
    1. The omitted headings aren't formatted in the Styles used by the TOC (typically 'Heading 1', 'Heading 2', 'Heading 3'); and/or
    2: The TOC has a bookmark switch, telling it to only pickup headings in the portion of the document spanned by the bookmark and the  omitted headings aren't in that portion of the document.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by George123345 Monday, December 23, 2013 6:53 AM
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:15 PM

All replies

• Have you remembered to update the table of contents? If you have, and it still isn't working, make sure you have applied the built-in heading styles to all headings in your document.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Sunday, December 15, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Try using Ctrl-A, F9 to force all fields to update. If your TOC doesn't pick up the new entries, there are two main possibilities:
    1. The omitted headings aren't formatted in the Styles used by the TOC (typically 'Heading 1', 'Heading 2', 'Heading 3'); and/or
    2: The TOC has a bookmark switch, telling it to only pickup headings in the portion of the document spanned by the bookmark and the  omitted headings aren't in that portion of the document.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by George123345 Monday, December 23, 2013 6:53 AM
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:15 PM