none
GP for Lock Screen

Question

• I have setup GP to set "Force Default Lock Screen" and able to push it the machines. However, it only applies for new user profile.

User A already logged in this particular laptop at least once, so the profile already created. I ran gpupdate /force, etc, and the lock screen stays the same. However, if a new user (user B) never logged in to this laptop, and log in, it will pick up the new lock screen image. We need to set a new lock screen image for all users. How do I do this? 

Machines: Windows 10 Pro in Domain Environment.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I have tested for this.

User A already logged in this particular laptop at least once, so the profile already created. I ran gpupdate /force, etc, and the lock screen stays the same. However, if a new user (user B) never logged in to this laptop, and log in, it will pick up the new lock screen image. We need to set a new lock screen image for all users. How do I do this? 

>>>The new user(B) will get the specific image for lock screen when the user could access the image file and the user have related permission.

Note: the setting apply to at least Windows Server 2012. Windows 8 and Windows RT.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:07 AM
  • All users can access this specific custom image file. My issue is why the existing user (A) is not getting the custom lock screen that's set via GP.
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

All users can access this specific custom image file. My issue is why the existing user (A) is not getting the custom lock screen that's set via GP.

>>>If the existing user do not get the custom lock screen, I suggest you run gpresult /h C:\gpresult and post it to us for further research.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 01, 2016 7:34 AM