Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 and Security Essentials 2 no longer support Windows Embedded Standard 7?????????? RRS feed

• Question

• I was updating my Thin Client image upgrading to Security Essentials 2 from 1.0 and got a message saying that my version of Windows is not supported.  I downloaded a copy of Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 via Technet just to see if it would work and got the same message.  I was able to install Security Essentials 1.0 just fine.  So Windows Embedded Standard 7 not supported with Microsoft AV protection anymore????  I also have access to Symantec Endpoint but it takes up the whole flash drive.  Microsoft's AV solution is nice and compact.  What gives????
    Monday, December 20, 2010 7:12 PM

All replies

• Even worse, as Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PC's (WinFLP) is based on
    Windows Embedded, it too is no longer supported.  This is a blow to Software
    Assurance customers running WinFLP on older hardware.

<VgerNYC> wrote in message
    news:acf73ef8-6bdf-44a2-8ed6-8cfffd825751@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    >I was updating my Thin Client image upgrading to Security Essentials 2 from
    >1.0 and got a message saying that my version of Windows is not supported.
    >I downloaded a copy of Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 via Technet just
    >to see if it would work and got the same message.  I was able to install
    >Security Essentials 1.0 just fine.  So Windows Embedded Standard 7 not
    >supported with Microsoft AV protection anymore????  I also have access to
    >Symantec Endpoint but it takes up the whole flash drive.  Microsoft's AV
    >solution is nice and compact.  What gives????

• Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Monday, December 27, 2010 1:37 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by VgerNYC Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:08 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 10:06 PM
  • I came across this post as MSSE is just now wanting to install the latest version on quite a number of FLP-running PCs that I maintain for someone, and it can't continue because it isni't supported. Either Microsoft forgot to put in the identifiers for FLP/Embedded or it's planned obsolescence at work. MSSE v2 will install fine on any XP-running machine I can drop it onto, so I'm leaning more towards the forgetting of identifiers at tihs point.
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 11:21 AM