none
annual Work Week numbers in Top Level of timescale RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

Our company uses workweeks and I'd like to implement in an ongoing schedule we keep.

Project has the capability of entering work weeks from the start of the project as seen below but I would like to use calendar work weeks.  The difference is the WW will roll back to 1 on the first week of the year.  Does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

Thanks

Scott

Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:29 AM

Answers

• The label 1,2,3,4 (from Start) is the wrong label for what you want. It counts work weeks of the project.

You need to select 1,2,...52, 1,2 in the Label dropdown as Rod mentions above. That will wrap around to 1 at the beginning of the year.

THanks,

Heather

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:52 PM

All replies

• Format the period a week then in Project 2010 at least there is a format 1,2...52,1,2

Note that if this is the top tier then the middle tier must be no larger than 1 week as a timescale.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:47 AM
  • That's the current setup.  

The weeks continue to increment at the end of the year 51, 52, 53, 54 etc.   I need this to stop at the end of the year (52 or 53) and begin again at 1.

For example, this year the week of Dec 26 is ww53 and the week of Jan 2 is ww1.  Currently Dec 25 is ww53 and Jan 2 is ww54.

There is a check box for 'Fiscal Year' but I did not see any difference with this setting.

The Label for Top Tier is 1,2,3,4 (from Start)

Thanks,

Scott

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:29 PM
  • The label 1,2,3,4 (from Start) is the wrong label for what you want. It counts work weeks of the project.

You need to select 1,2,...52, 1,2 in the Label dropdown as Rod mentions above. That will wrap around to 1 at the beginning of the year.

THanks,

Heather

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:52 PM
  • Selecting  1,2,...52, 1,2 in the label drop-down works, sort of.  The value I'm getting is one week off from our company calendar. By the way, it's also one week off from a custom column I created to show the work week for the Finish value:

"WW " & DatePart("ww",[Finish])

This formula reports the correct work week, but the Timescale work week does not. For example, today is Oct 25; Timeline reports this as week 43, the formula above (and my company's calendar) say this is week 44.

Is there a way to coerce the Timeline to use a different value for "first week of the year"?

Thanks,

Achod

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:15 AM