none
Get a list of app based on Category RRS feed

• Question

• I need to pull a list of apps based on Administrative Category. 

For example - there are 500 apps hosted in SCCM but only few are tagged with admin category as "project1". Now i need to pull a list of only those apps which are marked as "project 1" by using "Get-CMapplication" cmd. Can someone pls suggest how to achieve that. 

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 7:02 PM

Answers

• I was able to get the output via powershell. Just thought to share it in case it can help others :

We have more than 500 apps hosted but wanted to get a list of apps which are categorized as "project 1" so i used below line in my script

Get-CMApplication | Where-Object {($_.LocalizedCategoryInstanceNames -eq 'Project 1')}

Now it pull only few apps with that category. 

Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Administrative categories can help us find the application in the Configuration Manager console. Also, an application administrator can search for an application that is associated with the administrative categories. see:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/configuration-manager-archive/tips-for-finding-objects-in-the-configuration-manager-2012/ba-p/272939

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:03 AM
  • Thanks Larry but i want to get the list of apps via powershell and populate it in service now. Currently it tries to populate all the 500 apps but in the middle it times out. So to limit the count, it can only search which are marked as "project1"
    Thursday, May 28, 2020 10:01 AM
  • I was able to get the output via powershell. Just thought to share it in case it can help others :

We have more than 500 apps hosted but wanted to get a list of apps which are categorized as "project 1" so i used below line in my script

Get-CMApplication | Where-Object {($_.LocalizedCategoryInstanceNames -eq 'Project 1')}

Now it pull only few apps with that category. 

Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for sharing! We believe that your valuable experience will also be helpful to other people who have similar problems.
    If you have any questions in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 29, 2020 7:32 AM