Exclude specific locations from protected view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently users in my company experienced problems opening Office documents that were received as attachment in Outlook. They had the same issue when opening files from Alfreso.

I fixed it disabling protected view settings in Word and Excel. But disabling the protected view settings will allow everything and is not secure.

Is is possible to keep the protected view options enabled and exclude email attachments en Alfresco documents from being blocked when opening them? So exclude specific locations from protected view?

Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, I'm afraid that there is no such way to exclude specific locations from protected view. But we can try to solve the original issue.

>> They had the same issue when opening files from Alfreso.
    What's the specific issue? Is there any error message? Can attachments in other places be opened normally?

Please try my suggestions below to see if there is any difference.

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. It is also suggested to temporarily turn off your antivirus software to check if the issue will be gone, because some antivirus programs may also make you unable to open the attachments normally.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, I'm afraid that there is no such way to exclude specific locations from protected view. But we can try to solve the original issue.

>> They had the same issue when opening files from Alfreso.
    What's the specific issue? Is there any error message? Can attachments in other places be opened normally?

Please try my suggestions below to see if there is any difference.

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. It is also suggested to temporarily turn off your antivirus software to check if the issue will be gone, because some antivirus programs may also make you unable to open the attachments normally.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:23 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions an let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, July 15, 2019 9:37 AM