none
Project Online: Trying to add resource but can't Associate resource with a user account RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Project Online and have a project set up. I have additional users entered not as owners or administrators. I am trying add them as a resource via the resource center but I do not see the option of "Associate resource with a user account".

Any ideas?

Friday, October 20, 2017 4:18 PM

Answers

• AzulCore --

You need to make the change by clicking the name of the user in the Manage Users page in PWA.  Can you see the checkbox when you do it that way?  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by AzulCore Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:33 PM
    Monday, October 23, 2017 9:31 PM
  • Dale,

I actually do not have access to the Manage Users page. However, I had an IT person with higher privileges log in and he is able to see the checkbox. So apparently it is a permissions problem, but at least now we know what it is and can take care of it....thanks

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:33 PM

All replies

• AzulCore --

Immediately above the Display Name field, you should see a checkbox named <label accesskey="?" for="idCanLogon">Associate resource with a user account.  Select this checkbox and then enter the user account name.  Hope this helps.</label>

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, October 20, 2017 6:18 PM
  • Dale,

Thanks for the reply but I do not have that checkbox

Monday, October 23, 2017 1:31 PM
  • AzulCore -

You only see the checkbox if the resource is a Work resource.  It does not appear for Cost and Material resources.  Does that explain what you are seeing?  Let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, October 23, 2017 1:43 PM
  • I do NOT see the checkbox if I select a Work resource.
    Monday, October 23, 2017 5:07 PM
  • Hmm.  Interesting.  Is the resource a Generic resource by chance?

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, October 23, 2017 8:03 PM
  • No, it is a valid user and is one of 6 users we added with licenses.
    Monday, October 23, 2017 8:36 PM
  • AzulCore --

You need to make the change by clicking the name of the user in the Manage Users page in PWA.  Can you see the checkbox when you do it that way?  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, October 23, 2017 9:31 PM
  • Dale,

I actually do not have access to the Manage Users page. However, I had an IT person with higher privileges log in and he is able to see the checkbox. So apparently it is a permissions problem, but at least now we know what it is and can take care of it....thanks

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:33 PM