RHEL 5.4 multiple (double) thresholds notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!,

Iam using operation manage 2007 r2.

Under logical disk % free space for redhat linux 5.4  - I see there is only 1 threshold value that we can set. Dfault value is 5.

My requirement is to get notified on the below two scenarios:

1) Email notification to be sent when free disk space is 10%

2) Second email notification to be sent when free disk space is 2%

I believe in Windows it is double threshold.

Can someone guide me on how to achieve this multiple threshold and notifications for Linux? Iam able to get notified with scenario 1.

Appreciate quick guidance.

Many thanks

Ven

Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• You're probably looking at a custom rule to do this (via your own MP or something - it's not as scary as it sounds, and you can use our existing rule as a guide). Our MP, as shipped, doesn't have capability for double notification at different thresholds. Sorry ... /Jeff
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:19 PM
  • HI! Jeff, many thanks - can you pl guide me on how to create a custom rule?

I'de love to get this done asap. Iam not that well-versed with it and dont want to make a mistake and mess this up.

Thank you

Ven

Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:44 PM
  • Probably the easiest way is to snag the existing rule from the appropriate MP in the health service cache, copy it into your own MP, edit it to taste for the new threshold, and then import that.

While straightforward, there are several steps where mistakes could be made and thus, I'd rather not document the detailed process here.  Probably the simpliest thing to do, if you're unsure, is to contact our support organization.  I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out.

Thanks for your understanding.

/Jeff

Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Hi! Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. Can you throw in a few steps so I can take the lead and work on it. This is not a prod env anyway and Iam sure if anything breaks I can get things restored via backup. I have the the overrides onto another custom MP and have created a copy of that MP to work on.

Dont worry - I wil not hold you responsible if anything goes bad. I guess contacting support org will cost me, so its is not an issue, I appreciate if you can provide some guidance. Sorry to bother you, Iam just desperate to learn :) 

Many thanks

Ven

Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:12 PM
  • It turns out that a someone else already posted how to do this sort of thing.  Hopefully this will help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/operationsmanagerauthoring/thread/226d0586-e75e-4445-aff8-af006398f43e

Good luck!

/Jeff

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 11:13 PM