none
MIM/CM question: Selecting multiple Issuing CA for a given certificate template? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I'm considering the deployment of a MIM/CM infrastructure and would like be able to issue the same kind of certificate from multiple issuing CAs, in order to ensure seamless certificate issuance even if one of the issuing CA gets unavailable.
    I haven’t been able to test MIM/CM yet, but in ILM/CM I have noticed that when configuring a profile template, you can only choose one specific CA to issue certificates from a given certificate template.

Could you please confirm if the behavior in MIM/CM is the same?

Another related question: I would have preferred to avoid using a clustered CA, and so I was considering the scenario where if the issuing CA configured in the profile template became unavailable, I could modify the profile template to issue the certificate from another issuing CA, in order to maintain the certificate issuance. I wasn’t sure if doing this would have some kind of side effect, and if I should revert the change when the faulty CA would be back online.

Could you also share your thoughts/recommendations on this topic?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,

Antoine

Friday, March 24, 2017 10:54 AM

All replies