New SSD Won't initialise??? RRS feed

• Question

• Please help! 

A while ago I purchased a new Samsung 840 Pro SSD (120gb) to run my Windows 7 operating system off as my old drive was running out of space. When I tried to image the old drive to the new SSD, the whole process failed somehow and my new SSD was unable to boot up. I booted up from the old drive again into windows and formatted the new SSD drive to try again from scratch. Something apparently went horribly wrong with the formatting and I've been unable to boot up my system with the SSD connected ever since.

I have now purchased a Sata-USB adapter so that my Samsung SSD drive is now plugged into a usb port so that I could boot up the system and see what's wrong. When I went into disk manager, it says that there is no volume on the disk (unallocated) and that the disk is uninitialised. When I attempted to initialise the disk, I get the following error:

Data Error (cyclic redundancy check).

Now I'm completely stuck. I can't assign a drive letter to the disk and the only way I can see the SSD at all is through Disk Management. Is there anything I can do to save the disk or is it dead?

Cheers

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 1:18 PM