none
Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Question

• I have two computers, my desktop which I am on right now and a HP laptop with Windows 7 Home Professional.

I have two accounts set up on it.  One in my name (and I am Admin), and one in my son's name with just basic user priviledges.  Yesterday I had been signed on the laptop under my profile and switched users to his account.  Last night when we logged off, I logged him off first. Then attempted to log me off when the message came up "another user is connected".  Today when I tried to log in as myself I received "The User Profile Service service failed the Logon.  User profile cannot be loaded.

I can't get in to restore because my Admin password / my login failed.  I tried coming up in safe mode but still can't get past the admin password.  How do I fix this.  The way it stands now, I can't do anything other than surf.  Can't add programs, can't uninstall, etc.

• Edited by nirwin113 Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:36 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:35 PM

Answers

• Thanks to both who replied.  I kept trying different things to get to restore function when I was in Safe Mode and finally managed to get to it without it requiring my password.  I restored back to an earlier time, rebooted and it was fine.  Recognized me.  Then I immediately made another Admin login in case something like this ever happens again. (Also made one on my desktop just in case I ever have a similar problem on it) Then I created a new restore point on the laptop.  All ls well.  I tried to get back here to let ya'll know the problem was resolved but I couldn't find where I had posted the message.  

nirwin113

Friday, October 21, 2016 3:37 AM

All replies