none
Hammock Tasks in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

•      I have a project that was created with Project Pro 2013 and it uses several Hammock Tasks to represent the amount of time that we are giving third party contractors to do their task.  So if we delay, or if the project completion date moves, the amount of time that we give our vendors changes.

This works without a problem in Project Pro 2013, but when I upload it to Server I get a warning box that says, "Saving the Project Web App will remove all links to resources in the file."  Is there a way to save the file to Project Server and retain the links if we are not using the web app to manage the files and do all of the editing and viewing with Project Pro on our local machines?

-Glen

Monday, July 6, 2015 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Glen,

I do believe that there is no issue if you do not edit the project in PWA, which doesn't support OLE (hammock task). Evenif you have this warning, if you keep updating the project in MS Project Pro, you can save it to Project Server with no issue, it'll keep the hammock tasks.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Glen Bucher Monday, July 6, 2015 5:54 PM
    Monday, July 6, 2015 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Glen,

I do believe that there is no issue if you do not edit the project in PWA, which doesn't support OLE (hammock task). Evenif you have this warning, if you keep updating the project in MS Project Pro, you can save it to Project Server with no issue, it'll keep the hammock tasks.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Glen Bucher Monday, July 6, 2015 5:54 PM
    Monday, July 6, 2015 5:15 PM
  •      Thank you Guillaume.  I marked your reply as the answer.  The issue was that someone had viewed and saved my project via PWA after I uploaded it.  I tested it with a new project and it is keeping my hammock tasks after I check them in.

-Glen

Monday, July 6, 2015 5:54 PM
  • It appears that when I open up a schedule in Project Pro 2013 from Project Online that has a Hammock Task. It no longer functions.

Even though the .mmp file was only viewed but never edited online.

Any idea if OLE will be supported?

thank you

-David

Monday, December 21, 2015 5:32 PM