Windows repeatedly install kb2676562 kb2709715 kb2679255 and not update any further RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a serious issues. For last few months Windows has been repeatedly installing kb2676562, kb2709715, kb2679255 and now it does not install newer updates. When I did search for windows updates, it says- "Windows cant update important files and services while the system is using them. Save any open files and restart the computer and then check for new updates." when it restarts, again re-install  kb2676562 kb2709715 kb2679255 and giving me the same message.

I purchased my Acer PC last year and I am using Windows security essentials and maintaining it according to the standards.

It appears to me, this is a Windows/ Microsoft issue, hence I believe windows should deals with this. Therefore, I need to lodge a formal complaint to Windows/Microsoft. Can someone let me know the complaining process please? It is important to follow this before I complaint to the United Kingdom Ombudsman.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have some error codes? Please post here.  Here is one discussion about your issue can be referred to.

kb2676562 will not install

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/kb2676562-will-not-install/7c183d39-4fb1-477e-93cd-3c9a3a80c7a4?msgId=092f8527-395f-4ceb-bf85-ceea0fc35e5c

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Thanks Ivan. The only error code is:  "Windows cant update important files and services while the system is using them. Save any open files and restart the computer and then check for new updates." nothing other than that. I have used "Windows Fix it". I am happy to let if someone from Microsoft wants to check/repair my PC.  However, I cannot spend time to find solutions for a problem, which Microsoft is responsible for. I have paid and purchased a genuine product, and I reasonably expect it to work without giving me any pain. If there are any issues, the manufacturer should resolve it. Based on what I read, this is a wide spread issue. Rather than the customer bearing the pain, Mr. Bill Gates should resolve it. Isn't it reasonable?

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:34 PM
  • It seems Microsoft does NOT have a solution to this and thy are trying to fix the problem in expense of our time and money. Can someone or employee of Microsoft, can you please send your complaint address for UK customers please.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 8:00 PM
  • I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit (preinstalled on a Lenovo ideacenter K series desktop) with Service Pack 2.  Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz and 6 GB of memory.

I also have a problem with Windows Update that started around the 22<sup>nd</sup> of February 2012, after one of Microsoft’s automatic updates.

The following two updates continue to install.  The indications are that they installed successfully but the next time you boot the system they are back:

Security Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB2676562)

Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB2679255)

When I attempt to check for new updates I get the following:

Windows could not search for new updates

Error(s) found:

Code 800004002  Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

When you try to uninstall an update through the Control Panel, instead of getting a list of all the updates, you see:

No updates are installed on this computer.

If you select Turn Windows features on or off (in the Control Panel) all you get is a blank box.  It never populates any information on what you have or do not have installed.

I have used the Fixit routine for “Fix problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working” MicrosoftFixit.wu.RNP.13325698416615068.1.1Run.exe

The result said:

Issues found                                                                 Fix Status

Windows Update components must be repaired                 Fixed

In the process of troubleshooting and trying to fix this problem I have done a dozen or more suggestions from Microsoft Knowledge site and other forums.  One of which cleared my entire update history.  I currently only have history recorded from 7/3/2012.  Besides the repeated install of the two update listed above it shows that I am getting and having successful installation of Updates for Microsoft Security Essentials and there is one other entry for Hot Fix KB947821.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:45 PM
  • I'mhaving the same problem, i've reformated, reloaded and still get the same error
    Friday, August 24, 2012 12:04 AM
  • I have the same problem, tried the windows fixit application, but it didn't solve it.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:29 PM