Notifications based on Affected User info RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have SCSM 2012 R2 CU9 deployed, and am trying to set up either a Workflow or Notification Subscription to send an email to a specific group of people when a new Incident is created.  The criteria I'd like to use is the Office location of the Affected User.  This does not appear to work when the Incident is created via E-mail or Powershell...no notifications are sent.  I am basically trying to use the same solution that is provided here: http://scug.be/valerie/2012/12/20/scsmassign-incident-to-support-group-based-on-office-location/

I noticed that the Affected User field does not get immediately populated when the incident is created by email, so I tried changing the workflow/subscription to fire on Incident update instead of new Incident.  This kinda works...but multiple emails are generated.  

But this doesn't seem to work when the inciden is created by email, and tried manually creating a ticket using powershell, and the New-SCSMIncident function doesn't seem to allow me to include Affected User (even though that seems to be an option with the -AffectedUser switch, it throws an 'Out of bounds of the array' error).  

The over all goal we're trying to accomplish is to notify different groups based on the office location of the user who is submitting the incident, and I'm just hitting a wall trying to get this to work.  

A major limitation is that there is no Exchange server, so emails are being pulled in to the system from a SMTP drop folder.  So the Exchange Connector is not an option.  Also, we don't have access to Orchestrator, so that's out as well.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Friday, June 24, 2016 1:11 AM

All replies

• How about you use a periodically notify subscription and set it to just go out once?

Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:10 PM