none
Performancepoint Services. Security Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Problem:

I have some kpi’s on cube “KPI”. After updating scorecard I get errors in the values of cells . All values of the indicators I look at Excel or BIDS and they are correct.

If removed from the panel of several indicators or move relative to each other, sometimes it works properly. If you add all the figures on the panel, I get errors in the cells. This behavior is spontaneous.

I have two sequence errors in Event Application Log: PerformancePoint Services :

An error occurred querying the DataSource named 'KPIs'.
    Server: VSHAREPOINT
    Database: OLAPDB
    Cube: KPI
    Exception:
    Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.BpmException: You do not have permission to see this data.
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.AdomdDataSourceProvider.RunQueryInternal(String query, Boolean isCellSet, Object accessMetadataCallback, Int32 sessionTimeout)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.AdomdDataSourceProvider.RunQuery(String query, Object accessMetadataCallback, Int32 sessionTimeout)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.AdomdDataSourceProvider.RunQuery(String query, Object accessMetadataCallback)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.AdomdDataSourceProvider.RunQuery(KpiMeasureCollection kpiMeasures, MemberCollection pageFilters, TupleCollection memberSlices, IGlobalCache localCache)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSource.RunQuery(KpiMeasureCollection kpiMeasures, MemberCollection pageFilters, TupleCollection memberSlices, IGlobalCache localCache)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Server.DistributedQueryManager.DistributedQueryManager.QueryThreadProc(Object stateInfo)

Unable to connect to database "OLAPDB" server "DBSERVER". User "olapuser" does not have access to the database, the database does not exist or the server is unavailable.

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnectionException: Timeout connection or a connection has been lost . ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.IO.BufferedStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeRecord.WriteChunkedPayload(Boolean endOfRecord, Boolean endOfMessage, Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeRecord.WriteBody(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.TcpStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.WriteStatement(String command)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.ExecuteStatement(String statement, IDictionary connectionProperties, IDictionary commandProperties, IDataParameterCollection parameters, Boolean isMdx)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.IExecuteProvider.ExecuteMultidimensional(ICommandContentProvider contentProvider, AdomdPropertyCollection commandProperties, IDataParameterCollection parameters)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdCommand.ExecuteCellSet()

at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.AdomdDataSourceProvider.RunQueryInternal(String query, Boolean isCellSet, Int32 sessionTimeout)

Sometimes in System log I have error:

A Kerberos Error Message was received:

on logon session

Client Time:

Server Time: 11:17:5.0000 11/29/2010 Z

Error Code: 0x7  KDC_ERR_S_PRINCIPAL_UNKNOWN

Extended Error: 0xc0000035 KLIN(0)

Client Realm:

Client Name:

Server Realm:WOK.LOCAL

Server Name: MSSQLSvc/serverdb.wok.local:1433

Target Name: MSSQLSvc/serverdb.wok.local:1433@wok.LOCAL

Error Text:

File: 9

Line: efb

Error Data is in record data.

I have distributed environment (DB Server + MOSS2010 Server) and  configured Secure Store Service & Unattended Service Accounts only. Server Configuration: W2008 R2 Standart Edition & MOSS2010 Enterprise Edition on VMWare , W2008 R2 Standart & SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition.

Voyager_lan
    Monday, November 29, 2010 12:11 PM

All replies

• Couple of things you can start with is:

Try to login to Analysis Services Management Studio by using your " olapuser". Most probably this user does not have access to cube. Verify if this user has administrator privileges.

Which user is assigned as Unattended Service Account? Use that user to create scorecard and access cube.

Hope it helps.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Monday, November 29, 2010 3:00 PM
  • "Olapuser" has administrator privileges on SSAS instance and KPI Cube and assign as Unattended Service Account

Similar problem: KPI Scorecard acting strange

Voyager_lan
    Voyager_lan
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:09 AM
  • Have you run a Profiler Trace against the SSAS instance to see the credentials that are trying to be passed?

A little confused with your initial post.  Does the scorecard work sometimes?  If so, I would try and narrow down which KPI is causing the issue once it is added.  Maybe it is looking for a reference that isn't available and causing the entire scorecard to error out.  Once you narrow this down then provide some more details as to the setup of the KPI and how you are trying to use it.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 2:36 PM
  • Yes, I have run Profiler. But he's empty.
    I have some kpi’s imported from cube. And all values of the indicators I look at Excel or BIDS and they are correct from PerformancePoint Service account. KPIes are defined list of panel. If I use all the indicators on the panel, I get errors.
    Or if I use 5 kpies, then all is well, if one of the indicators I'm trying to move up, I get an error :(

I guess the problem is still associated with the configuration of Kerberos ("A Kerberos Error Message was received" in my post) but still do not understand how it can be solved.

Voyager_lan
    Monday, December 6, 2010 8:44 AM
  • It still doesn't seem to be a security error, but anything is possible.  If you have it working for the 5 KPIs then what is different about the extra one that you are trying to add? 

If you run a trace initially you see credentials and the MDX being sent to the database right?  But when you add an additional KPI (a specific one I am assuming) then you see nothing right?

What exactly do you mean by 'defined list of panel'?  Can you explain how you have the KPIs configured in Dashboard Designer?

What is the syntax of the KPI that is causing the issue?  Do you have a MDX reference that is not being included that is causing it to error out?

Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, December 6, 2010 11:49 AM
  • I tried to configure moss 2010 as described in the SP2010 Kerberos Guide. Two errors occur as before Now I have this addition error after enable Kerberos Event Log in registry key (http://setspn.blogspot.com/2010/06/kerberos-basic-troubleshooting-tip-4.html): Error Code: 0x19 KDC_ERR_PREAUTH_REQUIRED
    Voyager_lan
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:05 AM