none
IE8 Security no bank access RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading to IE8 I can no longer get my BofA bank, can sign on get account the a popup says IE is cannot open bankofamerica/myaccounts/signin. operation aborted

since I do banking account management please suggest a way to access https sights.

great program development....IE should be aborted

Mike Ksen

Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:20 PM

Answers

• If you've upgraded to IE8 then I have to assume you're currently running Windows XP (since 7 comes with 8 as standard and I'm guessing you're not running Vista), in which case I suspect your issue is with Windows rather than IE. Since BoA like most sites have updated their servers recently they now no longer support SSL v2 or v3, and require a minimum of TLS 1.0. As long as the OS supports it then IE 8 shouldn't have any issues with that.

Assuming I'm right and you're running Windows XP, have you installed Service Pack 3 on it? If not than that would be the issue, as I believe TLS support wasn't added until SP3. I'd also suggest that you need to get your computer upgraded (or replaced) to something newer than XP since it's no longer supported and no longer receives any security updates, doubly so if that is the machine you're using to do your banking with.

Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:41 PM

All replies

• If you've upgraded to IE8 then I have to assume you're currently running Windows XP (since 7 comes with 8 as standard and I'm guessing you're not running Vista), in which case I suspect your issue is with Windows rather than IE. Since BoA like most sites have updated their servers recently they now no longer support SSL v2 or v3, and require a minimum of TLS 1.0. As long as the OS supports it then IE 8 shouldn't have any issues with that.

Assuming I'm right and you're running Windows XP, have you installed Service Pack 3 on it? If not than that would be the issue, as I believe TLS support wasn't added until SP3. I'd also suggest that you need to get your computer upgraded (or replaced) to something newer than XP since it's no longer supported and no longer receives any security updates, doubly so if that is the machine you're using to do your banking with.

Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:41 PM
  • Are you running WinXP or Vista (32-bit or 64-bit) SP2?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:24 PM