none
Issue printing in IE 11 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report that when printed will break into multiple pages.   The report lists a cover sheet and then the report contents with each page being numbered.  The programming code that displays the first few pages is run in a loop where the class methods are called with different parameters.  I tell you this so that you understand it is the exact same code just different parameters used to display the info yet part will not print.  

The issue is the content is not printing.  and it is only on this one page.  The other pages do have the content printing.

Here is what the report looks like on the screen 

And here is what it looks like when it is printed.

Here is a Link to the report .   Any help will be appreciated.

BTW  it is only in IE that i have this issue  it prints fine in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari.  Right now we are telling our clients to use a different browser but that is not a good solution.  
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi MJ,

I think this thread is specific to TechNET IE forum. So I am helping you to move this thread directly into that forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 2, 2014 7:06 AM
  • Really strange issue, I would first suggest you update the printer driver and video drivers to the latest version or try to print under IE no-protected mode as a test.Temporarily turn off any anti-virus software in case they might block something.

You can also refer to this KB and check if you can get some hints.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479/en-us

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 2, 2014 7:26 AM
  • The problem isn't just on my machine it happens to all users.    So updating a printer driver is not a valid option as I have absolutely no control over any of our clients' computers.   

As it is I end up telling them to use a different browser.  I was hoping that was not the solution.  

Monday, May 5, 2014 11:06 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried other solutions I mentioned in the firts reply and that reference link? What is the result?

Regards

Yolanda Zhu

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:58 AM
  • helping you to move this thread directly into that forum.

@ Herro

Moved from where?  MSDN IE Development?  That's where I suggested this go.  There are some coding errors apparent in the example given, at least when a virtual printer is involved.

C.f.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/printing-issue-in-ie-11/781d8245-8df3-4384-a54a-1330ff7dbefa

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Have you tried other solutions I mentioned in the firts reply and that reference link? What is the result?

Regards

Yolanda Zhu

Hi,

You suggested things for me to do on my computer, e.g.  updating drivers and turning off my antivirus, and also a tech net article for me to do things on my computer.  I believe you are missing what I am asking.  I am the developer of the website that the customers go to and get the reports on their employees/ job applicants.   The customers of my employer are the ones that are having the issue. Our customers range in size from some very large well known corporations down to small businesses.   But since I wrote the code that produces the reports they are asking me for a solution.  

Again all of the other browsers that I have tested on display this correctly.   It is very odd that code running in a for loop will not print before the 1st page break and then afterwards it prints fine.    

Could it be a style sheet issue?  Should I go back to displaying a separate style sheet if it is IE?

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:49 PM
  • helping you to move this thread directly into that forum.

@ Herro

Moved from where?  MSDN IE Development?  That's where I suggested this go.  There are some coding errors apparent in the example given, at least when a virtual printer is involved.

C.f.

Robert Aldwinckle

What coding errors??  The HTML validates in the W3C validator
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:51 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my test, it should be a compatibilty issue, you can add the link to "compatibility view site" and print the report in IE again.

click Tools\Compatibility view settings, then add the website to the list.

this is the print view of the report:

without adding the website to a compatibility view list

add the website to the compatibility view list

So, it is still related with the layout design of this webpage, something like HTML framwork, if you want to find out the cause of this issue, I'm afraid that you still need to contact person in IE web development forum

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=iewebdevelopment

Yolanda Zhu

Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:13 AM
  • you still need to contact person in IE web development forum

Which is probably where he started.  Can't someone move it back?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, May 8, 2014 2:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes  you are correct it was posted in IE web development forum and it says

but if this is not a web development forum then it was moved by mistake. 

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:54 PM