Unable to access the SCSM Web Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am unable to access the SCSM web portal. SCSM version is SCSM 2010 CU3 running on Windows 2008 R2. I have entered

gacutil /i "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\Analyst\Bin\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Core.dll" as this was missing, also i have added the Connection strings for sql. When I open the enduser or analyst page, it asks for login details then looks like to login, but goes a "

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

With the following errors in the Event Log under application.

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT/EndUser

Process ID: 2860

Exception: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConfigurationReaderException

Message: Feature of type 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.ISecureStorageManagerFeature, Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAccessService.Core, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' cannot be added to the container.

StackTrace:    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConfigurationReaderHelper.ReadFeatures(XPathNavigator navi, IContainer container)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConfigurationReaderHelper.Process()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.DispatcherService.Initialize(InProcEnterpriseManagementConnectionSettings configuration)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.DispatcherService.InitializeRunner(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

InnerException: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ComponentActivationException

Message: The constructor for the component threw an exception. Please see the inner exception for more details.

StackTrace:    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ComponentActivator.Activate[T](ActivationContext`1 context)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.FeatureContainer.GetFeatureInternal(Type type, String featureName)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.FeatureContainer.AddFeatureInternal[T,V](ActivationContext`1 context, String featureName)

InnerException: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException

StackTrace:    at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer)
       at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.ImportParameters(RSAParameters parameters)
       at System.Security.Cryptography.RSA.FromXmlString(String xmlString)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Security.AsymmetricKeyManager.Initialize(Byte[] publicKey)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Security.AsymmetricKeyManager..ctor(Byte[] key, Boolean self)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Security.SecureStorageManager.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceDataLayer.SecureStorageManagerFeatureImplementation..ctor()

And this in the system log under WAS.

A process serving application pool 'SM_AppPool' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service. The process id was '2860'. The data field contains the error number.

Any ideas to get this working?

Thanks
    Eric

Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:04 AM

Answers

• Sorry - I dont have any more ideas.  I woudl suggest opening a support case on thsi issue and see if the support engineers can sort it out.
    Travis Wright Senior Program Manager Microsoft
    Friday, February 4, 2011 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

Has this ever worked before or have you recently installed it? Did you follow the install procedures described in the deployment guide and the account considerations in the planning guide?

Is the portals running on a server of it's own?

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:38 AM
  • This is the first install of the web portal. Yes followed the guide to install it, permisions are all correct.

The portal is runinng on a fresh server.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:22 PM
  • I'm thinking the key to this problem is this little statement in the error message:

"Message: The profile for the user is a temporary profile."

It looks like you are logged on as a user that has a temporary profile.  I've run into various issues over the years related to this.  If you do a bit of searching on the web you might be able to sort this out.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Im login onto the page with my domain account (which is a domain admin) into the web page, I have tried 3 other users all domain admins, there is no temp profile loaded onto the server. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Friday, February 4, 2011 12:37 AM
  • Sorry - I dont have any more ideas.  I woudl suggest opening a support case on thsi issue and see if the support engineers can sort it out.
    Friday, February 4, 2011 2:36 AM
  • I'm thinking the key to this problem is this little statement in the error message:

"Message: The profile for the user is a temporary profile."

It looks like you are logged on as a user that has a temporary profile.  I've run into various issues over the years related to this.  If you do a bit of searching on the web you might be able to sort this out.

I had this issue this morning.

Turns out the application pool account for the portal was logging in as a temp account as per the error above.

What I had to do was edit the registry and fix the temp account opening the key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and deleting the temp profile key and renaming the one that had .bak.

Once done recycle the application pool and it should work.

Blog: http://www.certsandprogs.com

70-515 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-536 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-505 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-562 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-433 Objectives List with MSDN Links

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:54 AM