none
Can't browse/manipulate folder structure of server with 2012R2 member security baseline applied RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone define the policy setting(s) in the 2012 R2 Member Server baseline that disables the ability to browse/copy folders on whatever servers have the baseline applied? I have been searching and cannot figure out which setting(s) are disabling the ability. An example is two identical VMs using the built-in local administrator account (same pw) cannot have their folder structure viewed or edited after the baseline is applied. I can browse the folder structure on both servers fine before applying the policies. I then apply the baseline to one server and it can no longer have it's folder structure viewed/edited from the non baseline applied server. Applying both doesn't allow the ability between either server. I am simply using unc path as such \\<server name or ip>\C$. The admin shares are still enabled btw. This is frustrating as I need the ability re-enabled while having the baseline applied. Thanks!

Same behavior using a domain account with local admin and even domain admin permissions btw.

• Edited by Edwin Hubley Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:55 PM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:54 PM