Outlook wizard rule help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I need to create an Outlook wizard rule that not only deletes those meeting appointment replies that just come back as "accepted" or "declined" BUT also look for any further requests that have been added to the reply when the replier provides some additional text in their response (by clicking on the edit the response before sending) such as "please could you invite Joe Bloggs, as I cannot attend" etc.

This would help us reduce the effort in managing a mailbox that has 100s of replies per day.

It's easy to create a rule just looking for an "accepted" or "declined" BUT not one that checks if any other further words are sent through.

I noticed that the Emails meeting the latter criteria always have a <end> tag inserted at the end of the line but do not seem to be able to look for the <end> tags in the body of the Email.

Is there a simple way of doing what I need as I feel sure that others will need to be able to do this?

Many thanks

Mark

Friday, January 24, 2020 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

You'd like to delete the meeting replies but keep the replies with additional text, right?

Acording to my research and test, I'm afraid that there is not a build-in rule for this. However you can refer to the suggestion below as workaround:

When you are composing a rule, you can see the window shown below. In this window, you can select "except if the body contains specific words" and ask your colleagues to add "Hi Mark" in the additional text. You can also select "except if it is marked as importance" and ask your colleagues to mark the replies as importance if there is additional text.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 27, 2020 6:33 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

Thanks for your feedback

The only issue though is that I cannot guarantee that the user will ever reply with what you have suggested.

Do appreciate you trying to help.

Monday, January 27, 2020 9:46 AM
  • Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply.

f you still would like to see a rule for this, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum. I will also help you submit feedback internally.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:01 AM