no audio device! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi can someone please help me! I am having serious problems!

I have recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and have been unable to get sound devices to load. I am getting an error:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

When I look at details for the drivers both devices give problem code 27

Currently I have a Sound Blaster Xfi Extreme Audio sound card and also an inbuilt AC 97 Intel chip. The intel is on a d845ebg2 board, it comes up as Intel 82801DB/DB01 AC '97 Audio Controller (I have tried using drivers for the other Intel on board cards). I have also tried my old Sound Blaster Audigy card and tried a Sound Blaster Audigy LE card which I took back.

For all these devices I have tried them on their own and in different PCI slots (i.e. with onboard audio turned off in the BIOS or the pci card taken out). I have tried the latest drivers from Creative or Windows Update. I have correctly matched my Creative products from the label on the board to the drivers on the website.

I know these devices work because they work in XP on my other boot.

I have tried at the boot screen pressing F8 and using unsigned drivers.

I have tried typing Bcdedit.exe –set nointegritychecks ON at the command prompt with admin privaliges.

I have tried using regedit and removing upperlimits and lowerlimits. I have no idea what this even means.

In short I do not know what to do! Please help me I want to watch Heroes!

Sunday, November 18, 2007 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, I find the d845ebg2 is not compatible with the Windows Vista. For more information, please refer to the following link:

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-008326.htm

Generally, if the manufacturers of devices don’t provide drivers designed for Windows Vista, we can’t solve the problem just in Windows side. Incompatible hardware, especially basic devices like motherboard, may cause system crash or other serious problems in the future.

To solve the problem solidly, please contact the manufacturer and confirm whether updated driver for Windows Vista is in the works.

Note: Please backup all your important data in case of system crash.

Thank you for understanding, and I hope the problem will be fixed soon!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:15 AM