Processes Tab is not showing any information on Remote Desktop Services Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

It seems that the Processes tab doesn't show any information et all (tsadmin.msc) - I run it from Windows 10 and we connect to  Server 2008R2  and everything else (Users - Sessions)  works fine except we don't get to see any information under processes tab - This doesnt help as we are unable to terminate any processes since we cant see any listed ,

Thank You

ok

Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Albertgjonaj,

I have tested it on my side, the processes information is available when remote connect to the Windows server 2008R2 from Windows 10.

What is your Windows 10 version number? (it works on my Windows 10 10240 and Windows 10 10586)

Did this issue only occur on one Windows 10?

If it is available, please try to remote connect to the server from another Windows 10 machine to have a test.

Please try to temporary turn off Firewall on both Windows 10 and Windows server 2008R2 to have a test.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 6, 2016 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Albertgjonaj

Based on my understanding, the main purpose is display information under processes tab, right?

I have tested it on my side, contact from Windows 10 to Windows server 2008R2 then run tsadmin.msc.

The processes tab show information on my side.

Please logon locally on the Windows server 2008R2 to check it again.

If the issue persists, since it is related to Remote Desktop Services management on Windows Server, we have a specific Remote Desktop Services forum, we could also contact to them for help, they are more familiar this, they may have more resource to help you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=winserverTS

In addition, as far as I know, many of the actions that you perform in Remote Desktop Services Manager can also be performed by using command-line tools.

We could use “query process” command-line tool to display information about processes that are running on an RD Session Host server as a workaround.

Here is a link about Query process Command-Line Tools for your reference.

Displays information about processes that are running on a Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) server.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc788046.aspx

Here is about Command-Line Tools for your reference, we could check it to understand other Command-Line Tools

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771505.aspx

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 29, 2016 11:11 AM
  • Hi Rick

Thanks for your reply,

Yes it does work if I log on Locally (Server) but it doesnt when I connect remotely from my computer (Windows 10)

Thanks

ok

Thursday, May 5, 2016 11:12 AM
  • Hi Albertgjonaj,

I have tested it on my side, the processes information is available when remote connect to the Windows server 2008R2 from Windows 10.

What is your Windows 10 version number? (it works on my Windows 10 10240 and Windows 10 10586)

Did this issue only occur on one Windows 10?

If it is available, please try to remote connect to the server from another Windows 10 machine to have a test.

Please try to temporary turn off Firewall on both Windows 10 and Windows server 2008R2 to have a test.

Best regards.

Friday, May 6, 2016 9:23 AM
  • Hi Rick

It seems I'm on the same version 10240 -

Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:21 PM
  • Hi Albertgjonaj

Have you tried these methods in my suggestions?

I have tested it on my clean installed Windows 10(10240), there is no such issue.

First of all, please try to install all available updates for your system.

Please try to remote connect to the server from another Windows 10 machine to have a test.

Try to temporary turn off Firewall both on Windows 10 and Windows server 2008R2.

Best regards

Friday, May 13, 2016 8:55 AM