Windows live 2011 is taking over from my regular Internet provider RRS feed

• Question

• I don't wont to use my Hotmail address combined with my regular IP providers e-mail.Hotmail keeps wonting me to sign in on its page.

Wont to have Windows 2010 back so that i can keep my hotmail seperate from my regular providers e-mail.

I do not wish to have Windows Live 2011 taking over

Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to uninstall the Windows Live 2011, follow these steps:

Open your Windows Live folder location, for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live,

Open the folder called Installer, double-click wlarp.exe, choose Uninstall. Then you can reinstall Windows Live 2010.

For more questions, you can ask in Windows Live Solution Center.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:51 AM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Willnotbetakenover

I can suggest 2 solution options for you.

The first is to uninstall Windows Live2011.....to do this, go to Start Menu>Control Panel> Programs and Features and then select WindowsLive 2011 from the bottom of the list. Select Uninstall and then accept any prompts to complete the process. You might have to reboot to complete the uninstall processing.

Alternatively use the system restore procedure. Reboot your machine, invoking F8 and select the Safe Mode option.

Once the loading process completes, then go to All Programs,> Accessories and System Tools > System Restore.

Select a date from the calendar shown that is before you installed the Windows Live 2011 and you will have your settings exactly as they were.

Hope this helps

Pat

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:02 PM
  • Hi Willnotbetakenover

The first is to uninstall Windows Live2011.....to do this, go to Start Menu>Control Panel> Programs and Features and then select WindowsLive 2011 from the bottom of the list. Select Uninstall and then accept any prompts to complete the process. You might have to reboot to complete the uninstall processing.

Alternatively use the system restore procedure. Reboot your machine, invoking F8 and select the Safe Mode option.

Once the loading process completes, then go to All Programs,> Accessories and System Tools > System Restore.

Select a date from the calendar shown that is before you installed the Windows Live 2011 and you will have your settings exactly as they were.

Hope this helps

Pat

Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:05 PM
  • Hi Willnotbetakenover

Hope this helps

Pat

Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:05 PM
  • Hi,

If you want to uninstall the Windows Live 2011, follow these steps:

Open your Windows Live folder location, for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live,

Open the folder called Installer, double-click wlarp.exe, choose Uninstall. Then you can reinstall Windows Live 2010.

For more questions, you can ask in Windows Live Solution Center.

Regards,

Miya

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:51 AM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:03 AM