none
Calculating cost RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I assign a resource at $100/h in Project Online, but my project uses a calendar with a 9 hour day.  When I look at the cost of a resource for 1 day it says $800 for an eight hour day.  I assume it is pulling this information from Project Online server settings but I can't find where to change it or if it is possible.

Has anyone tried to change Project Online hours per day settings?

Thanks,

Gill 

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Gill,

Please find below a link to an excellent post from Brian about Project Online server setting.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2013/03/19/project-online-server-settings.aspx

You'll find under "enterprise data" enterprise calendars that you'll be able to edit in order to adjust the working time.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem.  It seems to be a weird one... The project I'm trying to calculate the cost for is using an Enterprise calendar I created so I could get the working day as 9 hours long.  So far in the project I have one resource who has worked one day so it should be $900 instead of $800.  I thought maybe I could put in a daily rate but then when I have 0.5 days duration it will calculate for 4hrs instead of 4.5.

The calendar works when scheduling the duration of a task but seems to be pulling the hours for calculating the cost from somewhere else.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gill 

Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:08 AM
  • Ok, finally found the issue.  Thanks for the replies :)
    • Marked as answer by GillCOINS Sunday, December 8, 2013 1:48 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:52 AM