locked
Service Requests through the Exchange Connector - Activities stays pending RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi There folks,

    I hope this is an easy one, because it does not make sense why it isnt working for me.

    I have set up two Connectors, one for Incident and one for Service Request. It works just great getting it all into the right places in SCSM.

    But when I apply the Service Request template through the exchange connector, the related activities, one Review Activity and one Manual Activity, both stay in pending state. I can not figure out why the 1st Review activity is not in progress?

    i can see that it has gone from Nothing to Pending. But thats it.

    I have even tried to set the approval activity to automatic, so it should complete, and move on to the second activity.

    Please help.

    ps. When I try with a Service Requests with no activities, it goes into a deadlock as well, and not to submitted, as i would expect.

    Lasse Wilén

    IT Mangement Consultant

    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:37 AM

Answers

  • I had the issue with PowerShell too. I found that if I create the Service Request and then set its status to "New", the internal workflows will take care of moving everything to "In Progress"
    Friday, February 8, 2013 8:40 AM

All replies

  • One More detail,

    i get this error in the Action Log:

    "Exchange Connector: Found work item prefix and found a right square bracket but cannot find a left square bracket in email subject in the correct position.  To process email replies the work item ID must be encased in square brackets.  Example: [IR###] such as [IR1234].  Assume a new incident should be created, but will continue to search through entire subject lookinng for a match."

    That is also strange as the Exchange Connector is supposed to apply a template to New items / New Emails. And there is no Work Item ID, since it is New!! It does appply the Template, but Status of related activities are still pending.

    Thanks

    Lasse

    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:36 AM
  • The required/mandatory fields of the service request are filled in the template (Urgency, Priority)?

    Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:15 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

    Thanks for reaching out. :-)

    Yes they are. Is this a bad thing you think? I will test again with just blank fields.

    Be right back

    Lasse

    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:26 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

    Sorry same result. I can not make the status of the related activities become in progress. i wonder if anyone has made this work at all? :-)

    Cheers

    Lasse

    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:33 AM
  • Let's first sort out if it has something to do with the template. Have you tried using the built-in "Default Service Request" template to see if you get the same behaviour?
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Hi There Dieter,

    the Template seems fine. I have tried with custome made templates with or without the required fields filled out.

    And I have also tried the Default Service Request Template, with the same results.

    And I have also made sure that the User behind the email has administration rights in SCSM and so does the Workflow Account. AND the Workflow account has access to the User, behond the "Service Request Exchange Connector"

    So i am blank here.

    Thanks!

    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:04 PM
  • did anyone have any succes with the mentioned scenario

    Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:19 AM
  • Have you had any luck with this? I am having the same issue. If I create a SR with Activities using the Exchange Connector, I cannot get the first Activity to start. If I mark it as On Hold and then Resume, it works fine. I think it may have something to do with the Exchange Connector.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 4:19 PM
  • I saw this same behavior as well and immediately stopped using the EC for SRs. I'd like to use that feature again sometime, but would like to see a solution or a reason for this first before bothering.
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 5:43 PM
  • I have this exact issue when I create SR from Powershell, I then have to force the first SR activity to "In Progress" with powershell and all is well. Doesn't help your issue but I will be watching this thread!
    Friday, February 8, 2013 5:28 AM
  • I had the issue with PowerShell too. I found that if I create the Service Request and then set its status to "New", the internal workflows will take care of moving everything to "In Progress"
    Friday, February 8, 2013 8:40 AM