xsn Missing dll file RRS feed

• Question

• I've been asked to update several InfoPath forms and change the Submit behavior. This involves using 2 lines of code behind a Submit button. The problem is that on some of the forms (not all of them, just some of them) the dll file that should be included in the .xsn simply isn't there after the change. This results (of course) in an error when trying to open the form, as the event handler the file says should be available for the submit action cannot be found. None of the forms had any attached code previously.

The procedure for editing these forms was identical:

Change Submit options to use code.

Enter the code in the Visual Studio 2012 Vsta project window

Save the code, Save form, publish form.

Is there some step or option I'm missing? Why would the xsn include the dll for some forms, but leave it out in others? Google searches have so far been unhelpful.

Thanks for any help with this!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:25 PM

Answers

• I think I discovered the problem. The forms that showed this behavior had previously had a 'Submit' button tied to  a data connection, these buttons had been deleted and a new Submit button added for the new behavior. I think this is what was causing the failure. Going back to a previous version of the form that included the old button, and making the changes there seems to have solved the issue.
    • Marked as answer by ProjectHex Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:24 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:24 AM